Different Ways to Relax Your Pelvic Floor Muscles
The pelvic floor muscles span and lie all over the entire base of the pelvis right from the pubic bone to the coccyx. They lie between both the sit bones. They have a very important role to play in the bladder, bowel, and sexual function. Besides these, these muscles give support and protection to the internal organs like the bladder, uterus, and bowels. It is very important for the floor muscles to contract and relax correctly to function optimally. If the muscles are too tight, they will contribute to abdominal and back pain, and sexual, bowel, and urinary dysfunction as well. Hence, with the techniques listed below, you will be able to relax and lead a peaceful life.
- You need to lie on the back and keep a hand on your chest while the other one is on the belly.
- Start inhaling with the nose and allow the chest and belly to expand.
- You might be able to feel the floor muscles expand away from you.
- Do not push and let the movements happen naturally.
- Pelvic floor muscles are a group of muscles that help you in movement. If you are involving yourself in regular movements and exercises, your flexibility and circulation will increase.
- Try your hands on low-impact exercises like walking, stretching, swimming, yoga, or lightweight training to effectively manage the pain.
- Ask for specific recommendations about lightweight exercises from your floor muscles therapist.
- Think that your pelvic floor muscles are getting dropped toward the ground or are getting bulged when you are relaxing them.
- You can imagine that your sit bones are trying to move away from each other.
- You can imagine that the pubic bone as well as the tail bones are moving away from each other.
- You can think that your vaginal opening is a circle and the circle is getting larger gradually.
- You can also think that the vulva or scrotum is getting dropped on the ground towards your feet.
- You can imagine that your anus or vagina is yawning and opening up.
This is a way to achieve full-body relaxation. It can also successfully intervene with the consistent pelvic pain. You can get started using certain apps.
To know the right techniques for coping up with the pain, head right to the Integral Performance Physiotherapy clinic and start your sessions timely.