Mold Illness – Symptoms and Causes

There are several types of mold illness, but this article will address the most common symptoms and their causes. In addition, we will discuss how to diagnose and treat mold sickness. If you suspect that you are suffering from mold sickness, you may want to consult your health care provider. In the meantime, you can learn more about mold sickness symptoms and causes below. If you have any questions, contact us today. We will be happy to help. You can also find more information at our website.

Symptoms

While some people may notice mold sickness symptoms immediately, others may not notice any changes for months. The amount of mold exposure, the proximity to the source of exposure, and your sensitivity to the allergen all affect how quickly you may develop symptoms. The best way to avoid mold sickness is to limit exposure to as little as possible. However, if you’re experiencing persistent symptoms or are unsure whether your exposure may have caused the symptoms, consult with a doctor.

If you’re experiencing these symptoms, you should see your doctor as soon as possible. A doctor can diagnose your mold exposure and prescribe a course of treatment. If you’re concerned that you may have mold sickness, get a full test to make sure. While you may feel better in the short-term, your doctor may recommend further testing. In the meantime, if you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, contact your local health department and request an appointment.

Causes

Molds are allergens that irritate the body and can cause many different symptoms. People with compromised immune systems can be particularly susceptible, including those with asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and allergies. Others can have compromised immune systems due to their occupations, exposure to mold, or living in an area with damp conditions. Here are some common symptoms and their causes. Affected individuals should seek medical attention immediately.

Inflammation and cytokines increase the production of iNOS, a protein found in human cells. High levels of iNOS cause the production of large amounts of Nitric Oxide (NO), which damages cells and causes illnesses. In addition to being harmful to the brain, mycotoxins can affect the digestive system and cause hormone imbalances. For this reason, it is important to protect your eyes and wear nonporous gloves and protective eyewear when working around mold.

Diagnosis

If you suspect you are suffering from a mold allergy, your doctor may suggest a blood test or a skin prick test. The skin prick test involves scratching your skin with a needle containing mold extract. If you are allergic to mold, you’ll likely experience a rash or bumps. A blood test can also reveal whether you have an allergy to mold, or whether your body is sensitive to certain kinds of mold.

The symptoms of mold exposure are usually unpleasant, but they don’t always appear immediately. The main symptoms are inflammation and irritability, which can lead to respiratory and skin symptoms. People with weakened immune systems may also develop systemic fungal infections. Depending on the type and severity of your symptoms, your doctor may suggest a blood test to determine whether you are suffering from mold sickness. If you experience any of these symptoms, you should consult with a mold-sickness specialist as soon as possible.

Treatment

Common signs of mold exposure include coughing, wheezing and a persistent cold. However, these symptoms alone are not enough to make a proper diagnosis. Even a simple cough can spread mold spores throughout the body. In addition, weakened immune systems can also contribute to mold sickness. Therefore, proper mold sickness treatment is important to protect the body from long-term harm. Continue reading for some tips on how to treat this problem.

Antihistamines can help alleviate the symptoms of mold exposure. These drugs, which are available over-the-counter in most states, help clear nasal airways and reduce strain on the throat muscles. Moreover, these drugs are inexpensive and can be found in most homes. This makes them a convenient mold sickness treatment option. These medications can also be used as home remedies. However, it is not recommended that you take these medications for long-term use.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.